FAQs About Corporate Mindfulness Programs
What is corporate mindfulness meditation?
Corporate mindfulness meditation is an evidence-based technique for reducing stress and preventing burnout.
Peak’s workshops focus on the science of mindfulness and how to use it to reduce stress in the office and at home.
The mindfulness meditation techniques we teach are secular (non-religious) and deeply rooted in neuroscience.
Meditation is one way of practicing mindfulness in the workplace but not the only way!
Peak’s lessons also offer other methods to manage stress such as mindful time management skills, tools for improving sleep and techniques to reduce day-to-day stressors.
What will this do for my employees?
Oh, where to begin! Let’ start with the big ticket items:
- After one meditation session participants report elevated mood, reduced stress and increased mental clarity (essential to productivity)
- Mindful employees are better equipped to handle day-to-day stress without taking a leave of absence or pushing themselves until burnout
- After a 5-week course, participants cite an improved ability to focus and feel happier at work
- Studies have shown that mindfulness meditation works to increase creativity and problem-solving skills
- Mindfulness meditation is the most in-demand “work perk” of 2019
Do we need cushions or pillows or crystals because I don't think we have those...
Nope, nope and nope. The guided meditation(s) we will do can all take place on regular office chairs, in a regular office setting like a boardroom or lunch room.
No crystals, candles or mountaintops required – we’ll be focusing on building a data-backed cognitive toolkit that can be used anywhere.
What will this do for my bottom line?
- $798 is an estimate of the amount lost per year, per employee due to stress-related absences
- Individuals who have participated in mindfulness programming take leaves of absence
- Individuals who complete mindfulness training are more collaborative, improve communication between cross-functional teams
- Mindfulness practices contribute to a more inclusive workplace
- Mindful employees improve morale
- Employees with a regular mindfulness meditation practice have lower levels of absenteeism (and presenteeism!)
- Often employees value workplace wellness efforts over salary
- Employees remain loyal to companies invested in their health
- Mindfulness meditation is a critical part of a holistic corporate wellness plan and is being widely adopted throughout tech, finance, law and other high-stress environments